Wednesday, September 3, 2008

introduction

In the movie True Romance, just after they first meet in a rundown movie theater, Alabama says to Clarence, "When I see a really good movie I really like to go out and get some pie, and talk about it. It's sort of tradition. Do you like to eat pie after you've seen a good movie?" He says yes, and who could blame him? After I see a movie, assuming it's made any kind of impact whatsoever, positive or negative, I share what I think is a fairly common instinct to discuss and analyze it, to characterize the reaction that it evoked and decide where it fits in the canon of all the other films I've seen. As a film buff and an aspiring screenwriter, I eventually decided to start taking this impulse a bit more seriously, and I've been habitually writing reviews of most of the movies I've seen for a few years now. Several of these reviews have been posted on another site, but I've decided that I want them to be more accessible than they were, as well as being able to write reviews on my own terms after having various problems with the other site. Anyway, so I'll be posting both new and old reviews here from now on. Enjoy.

No comments: